As promised, here is the recipe for the orange cranberry butter cake I made for a friend. I also made extra as cupcakes as they were really yummy. I decorated a couple to give away to a friend at work. I used a new Patchwork quilt pattern for the background
and made some ribbon roses (tutorial here).
Recipe for Orange cranberry butter cake
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups self raising flour, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup cranberries, cut into smaller pieces if you prefer (add more or less to your taste)
1/4 cup orange juice
zest of 1 orange
2 tsp hot water
- Cream butter, vanilla and sugar til light and creamy.
- Add eggs, slowly, and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle some of the flour over cranberries and toss through to coat. Keep to one side. Fold in remaining flour into egg mixture, in thirds, alternating with juice.
- Add cranberry flour mixture and fold in. Do not over mix.
- Add hot water and fold in.
- Bake in greased pan at 170C for 35-45 min or until a skewer in the centre of your cake comes out clean.