Here is the recipe for all you dark chocolate lovers:
Dark Chocolate Brownie Recipe
150g dark chocolate (I used 72% cocoa - yes 72! but you can use whatever you prefer)
1 cup brown sugar (packed firmly)
3/4 cup all purpose flour (sifted)
1/4 cup self raising flour (sifted)
Handful of dark chocolate chips - more dark chocolate, why not? :) (optional)
Handful of chopped, toasted walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Line a square pan with baking paper, slightly greased. (I used a 20cm square pan.)
- Place butter and chocolate in a bowl and place over a pot of hot water. Stir until melted. Leave aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and sugar til light and fluffy. Add the chocolate mixture. Mix to combine.
- Add both flours and fold into the mixture. If using chocolate chips or walnuts, add them in as well.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until firm to touch. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
- Cut into slices. Serve slightly warmed with cold vanilla icecream.