Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fashionable cookies

Happy new year!  I can't believe it's the start of a new year already.  I hope all of you had a good start to 2011!  I was busy with friends over the holidays and did not have time to bake!  So I'm back now with some fashionable cookies to start off the new year.  I recently bought some cookie cutters and one of them was this high heel cutter.


I also bought these stamps which are Holly Products and they are from Set 10 - Flower embroidery.  I used some of these for my fondant designs on the shoes.



They're really easy and fun to work with and you can come up with endless designs.  Here are a few I made:



I also used a stitching tool from PME to outline the stitches for the shoe. Very cool and easy to use!


I overlaid black fondant for the buckle and heel to give it some contrast.  Add a few silver cachous for some bling. :)


Here's another design using one of the stamps I showed you.  I ruffled a black strip of fondant with a toothpick and then folded it up and pinched the corner to get my ruffle.  Add a silver cachous for bling.

I started of this one using one of the stamps and didn't quite liked the design so I just kept stamping over it over and over to get this effect.  Gives it a different type of texture I think.  :)


And finally, I made the rose with a long thin strip of blue fondant, and just curled it around to give it the rose effect.  Lots of fun to do and am really pleased with my new stamps and stitching tool.  :)

What type of baking have you been up to for the start of the year?  I would love to hear from you! :)

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment